CAREERS AT HABITAT
Habitat for Humanity Philippines values diversity and people. From field operations to office administration and project management, we look for individuals who have the skills and qualifications for the positions in our ministry.
But more importantly, we want people who have the passion and a genuine heart to serve families in need.
See if your qualifications match our openings.
The Finance Director provides overall leadership to the entire Finance function.
Overall Job Function:
- Implements programs and policies to ensure functional efficiency
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of professionals
- Implements programs and policies to safeguard financial and physical resources
- HFHI and donor requirements related to the disposition of funds and financial reporting for HFHP projects
- Establishes partnerships with external organizations to meet HFHP goals
- As part of the senior management team, reviews and decides on issues that have significant impact on the organization
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Forecasting, Analysis and Risk Management
- Oversees investment of private funds to maximize return at an acceptable risk level
- Assess and evaluates financial performance of organization with respect to organizational goals, budgets and forecasts, and provide analysis to the executive team on a regular basis
- Provides useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Ensures internal and external audit recommendations are implemented in a timely and efficient manner; including regular reporting to the SMT / Area Office on progress made
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Compliance
- Establishes & implements standards, policies and processes across the organization & monitors functional areas to ensure compliance with HFHP/HFHI requirements.
- Oversees tax functions and ensures compliance with IRS regulations
- Coordinate audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies
- Enhances and implements financial systems, policies, procedures and tools
- Interprets legislative and program rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all governmental, local and contractual guidelines
- Ensures that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel and implemented, and
- Monitors compliance
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Develops operating budget(s) and ensures programmatic success / organizational sustainability through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and program requirements.
- Reviews and ensures application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures at headquarters and in field offices
- Advises on the feasibility of projects, reviews proposed projects and status of ongoing projects, and makes recommendations on issues affecting the organization.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all internal and external fiscal reporting activities for HFHP including, but not limited to:
- Internal: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, cash flow reports / projections, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and project budgets.
- External: comply with government financial and tax reporting requirements; BOI reporting; SEC reporting;
- Monitors and maintains banking activities of the organization.
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Participates and contributes toward the achievement of Habitat Philippines annual and long-range strategic planning objectives. This includes developing appropriate strategies, activities and key performance indicators; in addition to the development of sustainable business models.
- Creates yearly financial objectives with the senior management team that align with organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio
- Develops annual revenue projections and organizational budget, monitor and make recommendations for adjustments throughout the year
- Develops and manages an annual plan for the function such as treasury, budgeting, tax, accounting, purchasing, and information systems.
- Presents financial reports and makes recommendations to the executive committee / Board of Trustees on matters pertaining to the departments function.
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills: word-processing, spreadsheet preparation, internet usage; financial software
- Strong organizational and team-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- The job holder requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of systems, theories and practices relevant to an area, plus some basic knowledge of other areas.
- The job holder requires a good understanding of the organization, including how different functions operate and integrate. In addition, there is a requirement for industry knowledge, including an understanding of economic/commercial/political issues affecting the organization.
- Full management of a team, including the management of people, defining roles and responsibilities, planning for the department’s future needs and operations, counselling employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decisions/changes.
- The job covers a wide range of diverse activities that require strategic vision and analysis. The job covers a wide range of activities that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought. In-depth analysis with interpretative thinking will be required to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
Nature of Impact
- The job holder has an impact on the business by exercising control over resources, policy formulation and planning. They have accountability for the end results of the department.
Area of Impact
- The job has a sizeable impact on a function, and may extend to others functions.
- The job holder will be an effective communicator capable of influencing an internal and/or external audience. The focus of the job will be to present issues that have an important impact on the organization. Likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the whole organization.
This role ensures the compliance of our financial records with accounting standards and local tax guidelines in preparation for the year-end closing for FY2022
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead efforts in the closure of affiliates in HFHP books.
- Ensure that balance sheet accounts assigned are properly reconciled and any open items are resolved before YE.
- Prepare key accounting and tax reports for submission to statutory bodies i.e. BIR, SEC, and any other organizations that the organization has reporting obligations to and create the necessary work process documentation.
- Ensure compliance of the organization to various tax guidelines and deadlines. Be able to highlight any tax compliance issue that might be encountered in the normal operations of the organization and in new projects to be undertaken.
- Keep abreast of new developments in accounting standards and/or rulings from BIR, lead in the dissemination of this information to the finance team, and proactively highlight any issues or risks that might arise from these.
- Assist the Accounting team in the creation of a Fixed Assets audit plan for the year and clean up current SUN system records to reflect actual fixed assets in HFHP.
- Act as liaison to external auditors during year-end audit.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant with audit experience is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in General Accounting and Tax.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is preferred but not required
- Experience in working with any ERP accounting system; proficient in MS Excel
- Lead the development of the MEAL plan, tools, templates and project data base of the Project
- Responsible for the regular monitoring of the project in the 3 project sites
- Develop community accountability- and feedback mechanism
- Conduct regular project assessments with the Project Team
- Engage the local stakeholders at the field through participatory approaches
- Develop the feedback mechanism, collection of data and analysis as well as documenting lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, sociology, international development, or related disciplines
- At least 1-2 years experience and knowledge on monitoring, and evaluation of projects, development of logical frameworks and monitoring plans, facilitating multi-site evaluations; designing data collection instruments and managing data collection and analysis.
Job type: Fixed term
Contract length: 24 months
Location: Makati City
- Assist the Project Manager in:
- Developing project plan and activities, and
- Building and strengthening partnership with key stakeholders
- Ensuring timely and successful implementation of the project
- Serve as the main point of contact of the beneficiaries
- Lead and monitor the social preparation and training of the beneficiaries, its committees, leaders and members in his/her project sites.
- Coordinate, organize, and schedule training in partnership with nationally accredited construction training institution
- Ensure that beneficiaries secure NC2 Certifications
- Organize capacity building workshops such as but not limited to workers’ group formation and development and work-ready construction workers
- Document lessons learned, creating community reports and updates for Project or HFHP management and donors.
- Work with community leaders to achieve holistic development of communities and to strengthen the community spirit.
- Support any marketing or promotional plan for the beneficiaries in behalf of HFHP if needed.
- Champions development activities of the project.
- Identify and establish collaboration with government, private sector, CSOs and community associations
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Support the assessment of project activities such as actual performance versus target.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Social Work or related field
- Work Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of project coordination, community organizing, capacity building and related experience.
- Experience in Community Development, Social Work, is preferred.
- Specialized Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help manage the organization’s social media pages, website, and other communication channels
- Conceptualize, write, and optimize various forms of content including, but not limited to, the following:
- Social media posts and website pages
- Publications (e.g. Newsletters, Annual Report)
- Press Kit including articles and infosheets
- Information, Education, and Communication Materials
- Reports (e.g. Accomplishment Reports, Quarterly Communications Report, Media Report, Global Metrics Tool Report)
- Marketing collaterals and brand visibility materials
- Scripts and storyboards for short and long-form videos
- Develop and maintain a monthly content calendar for social media and website
- Develop materials to promote Habitat Philippines’ programs, projects, accomplishments, partnerships, and advocacy in appropriate communication channels to increase awareness, and help generate donations
- Coordinate with different departments/units to gather information for content and produce communication materials, as requested
- Conduct interviews, gather testimonials, and write stories of homeowners, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Ensure consistency of voice, branding, creatives, and messaging of all communication materials aligned with the brand standards and guidelines
- Check factual accuracy and coherence of communication materials
- Track, interpret, and report the social media and website data using available analytical tools
- Monitor media engagements
- Actively participate in creative collaborations, brainstorming sessions, and alignment meetings
- Take photo and video documentation as needed
- Ensure delivery of communications materials under donor recognition benefits
- Help develop well-executed and effective communication campaigns
- Provide communications support for various programs and campaigns
- Update communication channels, templates, toolkits, and practices as necessary
- Help maintain the archives and inventory of communication assets including, but not limited to, equipment, collaterals, merchandise, photos, and video
- Education / Training: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Communication Arts, Advertising, Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing, Development Communications, or related field
- Work Experience: At least 3 years of experience in a communications, marketing, or copywriting role and demonstrated success in producing quality outputs
- Functional Knowledge: Exceptional writing, content production, and visual storytelling skills and the ability to engage different types of audiences through compelling messages and visuals
- Business Expertise: Communications, marketing, creative writing, and public relations
- Leadership: Monitor the effectiveness of communication initiatives; can clearly define the objectives, audiences, messages, expected results, and appropriate channels for communication initiatives and recalibrate as necessary
- Problem Solving: Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, versatility, and assertiveness; critical thinking
- Other Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications; listening skills
- Understanding of social media practices, etiquette, trends, and overall management of different platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Ability to conceptualize, strategize, and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Ability to gather and analyze data from communication channels
- Social media and news savvy
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, and Sharepoint
- Adept in using different messaging applications including but not limited to Telegram, Viber, WhatsApp, Messenger
- Preferred but not required knowledge on Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere
- Knowledge on basic photography and video documentation
- Required Personal Characteristics:
- Has strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator and collaborator, who can work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, and on tight timelines
- Comfortable working in a hybrid set-up with minimum supervision
- Highly values integrity and has a strong sense of courage, humility, and accountability
- Must be adaptable, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Must be comfortable to take initiative
- Nature of Impact: Brand image and integrity
- Area of Impact: National scale and Asia-Pacific strategic country support